Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Ballerina Project


I was having a particularly drab day, feeling uninspired and just plain blah. Then I ran across an article featuring Dane Shitagi's "Ballerina Project". I was enamored with his photos featuring these graceful ballerinas amidst a gritty, frenetic New York City landscape. I've always been in awe of ballerinas in general. I find their lithe bodies and fluid, gliding movements just so beautiful. I mean, how do they do it?! How do they make their bodies move the way they do, and make it all look so effortless? Anyway, I love how Dane's photos capture a ballerina's elegant aesthetic, the beauty of her disciplined yet flowing movements, all juxtaposed against the creative chaos of NYC. Two seemingly opposing things combined to form something quite beautiful. I was entranced.

You can find out more about the Ballerina Project at http://www.facebook.com/pages/ballerina-project/22455674948.





1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful photos. Can't wait to see the next set.

    ReplyDelete