Friday, August 27, 2010

Summertime Nostalgia

I can't believe that summer is almost over. Unfortunately, I don't think I got the chance to savor it. Summers come and go so quickly for me now. I remember when I used to spend the season just hangin out with friends, sweltering in the sun at the community pool. Or biking at the beach and then having bonfires at night. Someone would almost always bring a guitar and we'd just sit there like beach bums enjoying each other's company. We were idle teenagers doing whatever the heck we wanted. Back then, summer seemed to last forever.

Today it's a different story. I've spent this summer working my ass off both at the office and at home. Between home renovations, work travel and juggling temporary childcare, I think I only made it out to the beach once. But I'm determined to take advantage of the next couple of weeks before Mia heads back to school and Fall starts to creep its way back into the calendar. I've got a few things planned: Disneyland, bike rides in Balboa, the Santa Monica Farmers Market and maybe, just maybe I may even be able to squeeze in a quick road trip. I'm calling it my summer's last hurrah!

In the meantime, I hope that you all have a great weekend! I leave you with an oldie but a goodie. The Dove Shack's "Summertime in the LBC." I listen to this song and all I can think about is driving with friends along Pacific Coast Highway, windows rolled down and wind blowing in our hair. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment