Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Christopher Peacock Kitchen


(Image via The New York Times)

Kitchen designer, Christopher Peacock, in his signature "Scullery Kitchen." It's sometimes dubbed as the "original white kitchen" and it carries a six-figure price tag. Yup, you read that right. Six figures. Rather pricey, but oh so beautiful with it's white marble, gleaming chrome hardware, clean white cabinetry and stainless steel commercial grade appliances. The aesthetic of this kitchen is traditional. But it's also got quite the modern flair with its simple lines and monochromatic color scheme.


This is one of my favorite versions of the Scullery Kitchen. Dark wood floors act as the perfect backdrop for the white cabinets. I love the Calcutta marble countertops, beautiful Wolf stove, retro-inspired glass pendant lighting and stainless steel sink. Notice the sink is a larger, deeper sink with no partitions. A total cook's sink, perfect for large pots and other cookware.


A mahogany island with a soapstone countertop serves as a focal point for this otherwise bright white kitchen. Personally, I love an all-white kitchen. Something about a clean white kitchen makes me just want to put on an apron and cook. But the dark center island here is quite nice as well. It gives the room a very warm, homey feel.


This kitchen (which I believe is from Peacock's Classic Collection) has a lot of cool design features. Check out the partial butcher block countertop. A fairly bold design element considering the wood drapes along the sides of the island. The espresso-colored ceiling is also a daring choice. I'm not quite sure if I like it. I'd be worried the ceiling would swallow up all the light. But I appreciate the drama it provides. I do, however, really like the floor to ceiling cabinetry, x-frame cabinet doors and the really cool staggered crown molding.


Another favorite of mine. The tin ceiling lends a lot of drama and character. The kitchen itself is a fairly simple, L-shaped design, so the more ornate ceiling and light fixture is a nice juxtaposition. The backsplash is made up of polished subway tiles, which I love.


This kitchen is part of Peacock's Refectory Collection. I had to include this pic if only for the stove. It's a veritable behemoth! I mean, how many burners are on that thing?! Pretty cool if you're an avid cook. I see this as the total entertainer's kitchen. There ain't no dinner party this kitchen can't handle! Not sure if that's proper grammar. But seriously, look at that stove!

For more information on Christopher Peacock, click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment