Monday, March 28, 2011

1969 denim



Everytime I hit up Robertson Boulevard, I always make it a point to stop by Gap's 1969 concept store. My first encounter with this store was last Fall. Check out that post HERE. I walked in and had no idea I was shopping at The Gap. That's because the Robertson store is carefully and expertly curated to carry only the hippest of their 1969 line. The layout, the selection and the overall vibe is unlike that of your typical mall Gap.



Walking in, you'll find a wide selection of denim in various washes, cuts and styles. There's actually been a lot of buzz surrounding this season's line and I was really thrilled to discover they came out with this season's most coveted styles -- 70's inspired skinny flares, wide legs and high-waisted trousers. But will they fit well? Are they going to work as hard and look as good as my other designer jeans? I was completely rooting for this line to work as I'm really kinda tired of paying upwards of $150 bucks for jeans.


First off, forgive the photo quality. I decided not to bring my SLR (which I completely regret), so these photos were taken with my Nikon Coolpix (decent pics but obviously not as crisp and sharp).

Overall, most of their styles ran a little big for me. I'm typically a size 25, but I had to go a size down. Once I did that, I found that the jeans fit really well! My fave of the bunch was the high-rise trousers (shown above). I completely loooove them! They fit well around the waist, hips and booty area. The denim is substantial -- stiff enough to hold their shape but with enough stretch for comfort. The fit, the wash, the fabric -- all very well done! In fact, Gap's high-rise trouser jeans feel and look better on me than other higher-priced brands of similar style.


Totally diggin' these white high-rise jeans! Perfect for spring and summer. I can definitely see styling these with a simple, striped t-shirt and skinny belt; or a soft chambray shirt tied at the waist, sleeves rolled up; or a yellow tank with piles of gold jewelry. The possibilities are endless. I included a booty shot to show how well the back fits. Finally, great fitting white trouser jeans that don't make you look wide!


Jeans shopping can be a frustrating experience. But I actually had a great time thanks in part to the friendly staff at 1969. Here's Brian and his colleague (sorry I forgot her name but she was super sweet). Brian helped tremendously as I tried on several pairs, sizing up, sizing down, experimenting with different washes... Patient, honest and obviously loving his job, Brian provided awesome feedback on everything I tried on. It was a good time actually!

The best part? I walked out of there with two pairs of great-fitting denim in this season's hottest shape for less than $150!

For more on wide-leg denim, click HERE.

1 comment:

  1. love this post! i've been meaning to get by the gap to try some of their new denim...

    ReplyDelete