Wednesday, March 23, 2011

the anxious dreamer


So I've been feeling a little overwhelmed lately. It's been a doozy of a week, and it's only Wednesday! My poor little Miss Mia had to undergo oral surgery yesterday to remove an abscessed tooth. She had a filling done about two weeks ago and her little baby tooth couldn't withstand the trauma of the procedure. So it became inflamed. Poor thing was in so much pain that she was whimpering "ooweee" in her sleep the night before. It quite literally broke my heart to not be able to make her feel better right then and there. But that's all over now. Her "sick tooth" (as we explained it to her) is out and she is just excited that the tooth fairy visited her last night. Love how quickly kids bounce back! :)

Besides the unforseen tooth dilemma, I've also been dealing with a bit of dreamer anxiety. Most of you know that I left a stable, full-time, advertising career to pursue pastry and entrepreneurship. Luckily I've been able to get some freelance advertising gigs on the side to help sustain me financially. In the meantime, I've been diligently researching culinary schools and pastry programs. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a local program that suits my expectations, needs and budget. It's been two months since I quit my full-time gig and I'm seriously chomping at the bit to get this pastry thing going already! I've even tried contacting local bakeries to see if they'll take on interns. Granted I'm currently only a home baker, but you'd think these bakeries would jump at the chance to get some free labor, right? Nope... No takers. Sigh... Patience has never been one of my virtues.

But I remain optimistic. I'm unfazed by these small setbacks. My determination is unwavering. I shall try. And I shall continue to pursue. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment