Thursday, March 24, 2011

a very merry unbirthday



Mia's birthday is three months away and we've decided to do a Whimsical Wonderland Party. It may seem premature to start party planning, but I thought I had better give myself plenty of time so I don't end up doing everything last minute and spending a small fortune in the process. This is how I usually start... Premature brainstorming. And then last minute execution.

This year, however, I expect on doing a lot of the custom creative elements myself -- decorating, baking, favors, invitations etc. Crazy? Perhaps. But with enough planning and preparation (and with the help of Mia's godparents and aunties), I think I may just be able to pull it off.

Below are some super cute photos I'm using for inspiration. Looks like fun, right?


Bright colors and paper lanterns make it a very festive Wonderland indeed.


Alice-inspired "Drink Me" and "Eat me" tags.


Whimsical cupcakes. Why yes, I think I will eat you, pretty little cupcake!


Love, love these paper poms. Martha Stewart actually has a great tutorial on how to make these pretty paper poms. Click HERE to see the tutorial. If I'm not able to find the paper lanterns for a reasonable price, I may just make these crepe paper poms instead. They make the room look like it's filled with bright hanging flowers!


The invitation plays an important role in setting the tone for what's in store on party day.
These get me excited with the prospect of falling down the rabbit hole.


No comments:

Post a Comment