Tuesday, March 1, 2011

the glammest of the glam

No doubt you've probably already read, seen, or heard about all the best (and worst) fashions at last Sunday's Academy Awards. If you're anything like me, you're probably experiencing a bit of Oscar fashion overload; which is why I wasn't going to do an Oscar blog post.

But I couldn't resist...

There were a few standout gowns that I just found too deliciously divine not to blog about. The running theme for all my favorite gowns -- full-on, all-out, feminine glamour. This, to me, is what the Oscars should be. A decadent display of fabulously beautiful and glamorous gowns.


Halle Berry's nude Marchesa. Sparkly on top and frothy on the bottom with layers of silk chiffon. The color, the beading, the fabrics -- just beautiful!


Hilary Swank wearing Gucci Premiere. Love the color gradation on that feather train. I can just imagine how this dress must have moved with her as she walked.


Whether it's a dress or a bold, crimson pout, I've always thought Anne Hathaway looks best in red. Of all her outfit changes (of which I think she had 8 if you include her red carpet arrival), this Versace is my favorite. The color is deep and the neckline is both sexy and demure. But the bodice detail is what gives it edge.


Mandy Moore's champagne Monique L'huillier is enchanting. Love the crystal beaded bodice against nude chiffon. I like how it gives the illusion that there are diamonds floating on her decollete.


I have two absolute favorites of the night. This is one of them. Mila Kunis in Elie Saab Haute Couture. Delicately exquisite details such as peek-a-boo lace and a dashing violet hue make for an ultra-feminine, modernly romantic gown.


And my absolute favorite... Cate Blanchett in Givenchy Haute Couture. I've always admired Cate's bold fashion choices and her Oscar dress was no exception. Her palest of pale lavender Givenchy gown with its pleated skirt and yellow beading is unlike I've ever seen before. It's impeccable, feminine, powerful, glamorous and completely unique in the most fabulous way.


No comments:

Post a Comment